Accessible Skiing Packages
Skiing for visually impaired people, sounds scary right? Think again. Seable have scoured the planet to bring you the ultimate skiing trip, where you’ll learn the ropes and skii the slopes. Hotel Jelka is surrounded by the naturaly beauty of Ljubljana and is the perfect accessible base for your adventure holiday. Calling all adrenaline junkies!
Goreljek 93, 4247 Podjelje, Slovenia
Chalet style Hotel Jelka is in the middle of Pokljuka plateau, which will take your breath away with unspoiled nature and endless winter and summer activities.
Wolfova ulica 12, Ljubljana 1000, Slovenia
Located in the heart of Ljubljana’s pedestrian area with Prešeren Square just 150 yards away. The rooms of Emonec Hotel are decorated with wooden furniture and dark parquet floors. All rooms have a work desk and an en suite bathroom. Every morning, guests can enjoy a buffet breakfast. Vending machines are available as well.
DAY PLAN: *Free days can be changed according to requirements. Pick up times, mealtimes and restaurants will be decided daily with your guide.
BESTSELLER What is included:
- 5 nights/ 6 days
- 2 nights in the City of Ljubljana in 4* B&B
- 3 nights in the Mountains of Pokljuca in Jelka Hotel 4*
- 4 Excursions/activities of your choice
- Local guide with a car for the entire holiday
DAY 1: Arrival Day
Your Guide will be waiting at arrivals to take you to your accommodation. Check in and have some relaxing time. Little briefing about the weekly plan
DAY 2: Art day
Walking tour of the City and castle including cable car. Markets and more city tour including the famous salt chocolate shop
DAY 3: Transfer to the mountains
Check out, 1-hour drive to Jelka Chalet in the mountains, check in Choose a walk in the woods or your first Ski Lesson and Dinner at Jelka
DAY 4-5: Skiing
Depending on skiing level-beginners will ski by the accommodation or intermediate skiers will ski on Mount Vogel. Cable car and chair lift. Traditional lunch at the Chalet. Late afternoon rest
DAY 6: Leaving Day
Check out and last morning walk and your guide will take you to the Airport.
|Season||SKIING Season||SUMMER Season|
|Month||January, February, March, December||April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November|
|2 people||£900 p/p||£1,350 p/p|
Available Accessible Activities
- Skiing: Under the guidance of professional coaches, who are very experienced in skiing with visually impaired and blind, you will be able to ski right back down at your own enjoyment and speed .
- Cross-country skiing: Considered one of the healthiest sport activities. Its performance includes the work of all bigger muscle groups which in turn gives you a full body workout.
- Sledding: Now it’s not only a fun pastime, but also an Olympic sport that branches out into luge, skeleton and bobsledding.
- Snow-shoeing: Snowshoeing is a winter sport that also originated from a practical form of travelling. It’s said to have originated 4,000 to 6,000 years ago in Central Asia.
- City Tour, including Castle Tour and Salt Chocolate shop tour.
- Local food tasting: you can taste the flavours of Italy mixed with a bit of Croatian, Austrian and Hungarian cooking traditions.
- Local markets .
- Art Quarter: Metelkova is a centre of urban culture and this abandoned Slovenian military barracks has become a punky-political art squat.
- Hiking and Nordic walking in Mount Vogel: If you love hiking, Vogel is an excellent starting point for shorter and longer hiking tours.
- Chair Lift and cable car: Take the cable car up to Mount Vogel at 1,535 m.
- Zip line, swimming and kayaking in a lake near Mount Vogel
*All summer activities available in winter apart from swimming in the Lake