Travel Insurance for Disabled Travellers
At Seable we want you to travel with as much peace of mind as possible, below are some details of what insurance will cover your disabled holiday.
We are pleased to partner with Holiday Extras ltd, a travel insurer with over 32 years experience which will be able to advise you on the best possible travel insurance for your needs.
You can use the following link to go directly to their website: Holiday Extras.
Alternatively you can call Holiday Extras reservation line on 0800 083 8746 and quote “WM562”
You should remember the following pieces of advice before travelling – taken from www.gov.uk
- Make sure your passport is valid and in good condition, and that you have any necessary visas.
- Fill in the next of kin details in your passport.
- For advice on passports visit the UK Passport Service website at www.gov. uk/hmpo or call them on 0300 222 0000.
- Leave copies of your passport, insurance policy (plus the insurer’s 24-hour emergency number), ticket details, your itinerary and contact details with your family and friends.
- At least six weeks before you travel, check with your doctor what vaccinations and other health precautions you may need to take for your trip.
- Take enough prescribed medicine with you to see you through your trip and to allow for any delays.
- Take a copy of your prescriptions with you, to satisfy foreign customs authorities of your requirements, or to facilitate obtaining fresh supplies.
- Take enough money for your trip and some back-up funds, such as traveller’s cheques or credit cards. Before you leave, find out how you can replace these if lost or stolen and keep a separate note of their numbers.
- Ensure you have comprehensive travel insurance that is appropriate to your needs.
If you have anymore questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch with Seable where we will be able to advise you further.